Why China is blocking probe into Covid-19 origin: Now even WHO is upset

6th January 2021

6th January 2021

World Health Organization’s head on Tuesday has expressed his displeasure for China has still not given the authorized entry to the team of international experts investigating the origin of coronavirus.

WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the official visit was developed jointly by the WHO, the Chinese government, and countries for which the team was meant to travel through on their way to Wuhan.

“I am very disappointed with this news given that two members had already begun their journeys and others were not able to travel at the last minute. But I have been in contact with senior Chinese officials and I have once again made clear that the mission is a priority for WHO and the international team.”

The WHO expert team led by Peter Ben Embarek, the leading expert on animal diseases, is supposed to travel to Wuhan where the first cases of coronavirus were reported.

While Beijing had previously said that it would permit the WHO’s expert team. However, it has still not given that. Though China has dismissed criticism of its handling of early cases that emerged in late 2019, several leaders across the world have questioned Beijing’s action

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has also slammed the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for continuing to spread disinformation regarding Covid-19, and obstructing the investigation of the World Health Organization (WHO) in finding out the origin and spread of the virus.

China and Australia relations have been degrading since April when Canberra infuriated Beijing by proposing an independent international inquiry into the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Washington, which has announced plans to leave the WHO, has also called for a transparent investigation.

Number of Reads: 19

2021 Newsbred© All Rights Reserved.

Support Us X

Contribute to see NewsBred grow. And rejoice that your input has made it possible.

Contribute to see NewsBred grow.X